Sunday, April 3, 2022

Sizzler Slalom Skateboard Race 1st Qualifier for the World Skate Games

Cold Fusion Sizzler 2022 Slalom Skateboard Race 




Women's Overall First Lynn Kramer in the middle, I got second and Madie Prez placed third. 



World Skate Games Qualifier, in Hockley, Texas on the Soap Box Derby Hill, is in the record books. I had raced there before so I knew the hill and that we didn’t have to footbrake which is a big plus. The only thing I was worried about for weeks was the BAR. Big Ass Ramp, a 9 foot wobbly beast of a ramp that is tilted forward so you can’t see the ramp just the asphalt. Well, it died due to termites eating it for the past few years the race was postponed.

I placed 2nd overall in the women’s division. We had the largest women’s division (6) total from age 11-62. Maggie (11) was the only junior at the race she was amazing. Isa came from New Mexico and Madee from New Orleans, Lynn Kramer from San Diego. Lynn is the reigning 15 time Women’s World Champion and is fast as F#$% beating many of the pro men.

I placed 2nd overall amongst the men with George Papas taking first and placing in the top 3 men’s Pro as well as taking the 1 slot open to go to the World Skate Games in Argentina. Isa got the women’s slot and is seated to go as well, congrats to both of them. 

This was the weekend for me to try different boards, adjust trucks and change wheels. I realized the last two runs of the weekend I had my back trucks too tight because the hybrid and tight courses were fast and tight and I started running cleaner (hitting less cones) after loosening my truck.


Lesson learned and keep adjusting you can always adjust back. Thank you to my sponsors that helped me get to the races and provided the gear I needed to skate.


@santacruzskateboards @bronsonspeedco @mobgrip @riptidesports @girlisnota4letterword @lenzarts @oldbonestherapy @cattosgraphics @turbowheels team @sk8kingsskateboards
Santa Cruz Skateboards has sponsored me since I was 16, I am 62 now.



Live feed videos of the racing:



Here is a photo of the BAR Bad Ass Ramp so you can see the regular ramp from the 9 foot ramp. 2015





Here is a video link dropping in on one of my Giant Slalom Runs from 2015.


No comments: