Sunday, August 9, 2026

Rad Felt Fabric Female Skateboarding Pioneers Art by Billy Kheel inspired by his daughter

Super honored to have had this piece made inspired by his daughter. I can't find the cool narrated video he made with his daughter if I find it I would love to share.

It's been a few years but it's really amazing to have art done from my skateboard passion after decades of skating.

I don't take anything for granted.

"I Only Have to Land it Once" Group Art Show by fabric artist BILLY KHEEL

Cindy Whitehead Media: Felt, fabric and mixed media

Size: 36 x 24 Inches Year: 2021 Price: $1,000 Availability: Inquire or Purchase

I grew up in a small town in Massachusetts where freestyle BMX bikes were more popular than skateboarding. It was not until I got older and had a daughter who introduced me to female skateboarding pioneers Cindy Whitehead and Judi Oyama that I really began to appreciate the skill and diversity of skateboarding. I made these two mounted tapestries in honor of my daughter and these skateboarding legends – Billy

No comments: