Sunday, February 10, 2019

It was a wrap! One week after Games 2018

I have not posted in awhile. Came back from the CrossFit Games 2018 and got cut with the good chunk of people from the Photography and Media Team. It was a shock and awe moment. I get the whole change in direction. Though some websites say people were fired they were not. They were laid off which is different. I guess it's more dramatic when they write fired. It was a great gig while it lasted. I miss the people and the cool things we got to create. My favorite projects were the 100 Word posters, t shirt designs, CrossFit Games book and working on Score Cards at the Games with changes and hourly air squats (we would come up with some exercise to do each hour during games) on +10 hour days.

Bottom line is people need to exercise, cut out the shit food (sugar), sleep more and get outside.

I'm doing contract work for CrossFit HQ which I love. I will always be a CrossFitter. It has changed my life for the better. I have an awesome gig with Ariat my first love before Skateboarding was horses. I have a very cool side signage project in the works. It's been going on longer than I'd hoped but in the end it will be iconic like the Santa Cruz Wave Skatepark art which turns 12 this month. I've kept my Maximum Impact Design business running since 1987 and have gone in-house as creative director, art director I love design and working with companies that I care about. I have continued to evolve and create and will never stop. I have my side hustle Badass Skatemom. Thank you to all the CrossFitters for the support. Big thank you to Dave Re for hiring me.

Photo by Ian Webb

Some of the designs I created are available at the CrossFit Stuff Store. A small sampling of the work I have done and continue to do.

Design and laid out the graphics for the new gym and never got to workout as an employee there though I have been back to do work outs. It would have fun to enjoy the wall before getting the official boot.

Unicorn Illustration by Lucas Musgrave

No comments: