Thursday, October 24, 2013

Girl is NOT a 4 Letter Word Who's Rad post on Cindy's GN4LW site



Girl is NOT a 4 Letter Word

Got to love it when you get a post about skateboarding on Sportstylists® Cindy Whiteheads site.  Got a little love on the Crossfit West website this week as well.  Milestone week 40 years of skateboarding still doing it and loving it. All I can say is don't listen to the naysayers and you can't do it boyfriends and the doubters. Go from your gut, do what you love and you'll always be happier. I listened to an old boyfriend that told me I was skateboarding for all the wrong reasons back in the 90's. When friends like Olson would come around he would get angry. I hid my skating by putting a board in my trunk and would go out and not talk about it not get to enjoy awesome sessions. To this day one of the best sessions was running downhill practice with Tony Alva (TWS video link talks about all around skaters) on Rodeo Gulch Road before the Capitola Classic race. I was right on his tail when we were jamming down from the circle area around the Apple Tree. He looked back and smiled when he saw how close I was. That was priceless.


Skater for Life!

No comments: