Sunday, April 26, 2009

Crewing for the 2010 Tevis Cup 100 Miles One Day Ride


Tevis Cup 100 Miles One Day Ride

July 24, 2010
The Ride is sanctioned by AERC, the American Endurance Ride Conference.

Yesterday I offered to crew for one of my best friend Stacy James that I grew up riding horses and skateboards with on the Tevis Cup It is one of the once or twice in a lifetime rides. You have to be fit and your horse as well. It is a tough 24 hour ride from Tahoe to Auburn. I use to ride some endurance and exercised one of Deb Cooper's horses Samson that won the race a few years ago.

One day I rode him without a bridle or saddle in his pasture to hitch a ride to the gate just for kicks. He bolted and fell down a bank and almost fractured my skull. Deb told me out of all her 40 horses on her ranch that would of been the last horse she would of done that on!

Each rider who completes the 100 mile course from Tahoe to Auburn within the 24 hour limit and whose mount is judged "fit to continue" is awarded the coveted silver Completion Award Buckle.


Crew access is allowed ONLY at the following locations:

* Robinson Flat
* Dusty Comers
* Michigan Bluff
* Bath Road to Mill Site
* Foresthill Mill Site
* Mill Site to California Trail
* No Hands Bridge
* Western States Trail Staging Area
* McCann Stadium

No comments: