Monday, February 26, 2007

Designs with impact

I started Maximum Impact Design in Santa Cruz, California in 1987, doing all surf, skate and snow graphics. I have worked with Billabong, Sessions, Electronic Arts, Santa Cruz Surf and Skateboards, Hotline Wetsuits and many other well-known brands. We create everything from stickers, advertising, logos, packaging, signage and tradeshow booths to forecasting the latest color trends to styling for American Express commercials.

My latest project was a Public Art Wave project for the Santa Cruz Skate Park. I teamed up with Jimbo Phillips and David Pettigrew from Diamond D Concrete. We stained the wave, sandblasted and sealed the 17 plus foot wave.

The next public art project I will be doing is two large 4 x 8 metal panels at the Felt Street Skatepark along with Eli Atkins the art director for all Giro and Bell graphics.

I spend my early mornings trying to help the next generation of skaters get a public skatepark in Capitola and revive the Capitola Classic.

No comments: