Thursday, March 7, 2024

Invitation to represent the USA Slalom Skateboarding Team Letter

 
I am honored to get a letter to join the USA National Slalom Skateboard Team. 
This is my final year of big contests. Though I said that going to the World Skate Games in 2022 and podiumed on the first day placing 3rd in the Hybrid. I placed 4th overall against all age women. Some as young as 12 to the 9 years younger. I was the oldest competitor racing skateboards. I think I was the oldest athlete at the event. I will need to confirm that.

This year I was planning on going to 2 races before September. I got sick the night before going to the Presidents Race and had to cancel going. It was a tough decision as I had the film Clara Shuku Mokri the director of the mini documentary and Lou Nakasako the co-documentary filmer plus an extra person for the day of the race. I had Jamie Hart flying to meet me and we were going to travel to the hotel in the same rental car. Since I caught C I didn't want to be around anyone and so everyone canceled. I was bummed but it happens.


This year I am going to the Texas Sizzler March 22-24 in Hockley Texas on a soap box derby hill. and coaching Leiola a super talented and young slalom racer. It will be her first slalom race competition. They will have the largest drop in ramp measuring 12 feet high. I have only done 10 and it's scary. I try not to think about the ramp and will just see how I feel the day of the race.
28515 Old Washington Rd, Hockley, TX 77447

Yesterday I saw a post that the World Championships of Banked Slalom were going to be held in New Mexico. I immediately contacted Isa Ruiz a USA slalom team mate and awesome young racer who's dad puts on the race. I have always wanted to skate Ditch Slap because it's suppose to be epic. 



In order to fund my racing I'm asking my sponsors to help fund my travel fees by putting brand logos on my board, helmet and jersey.



If you want to sponsor me directly and get a tax letter. USA Slalom Skateboarding is a 501c nonprofit and if you put my name down in the description area the funds will be set aside for my travel expenses. Same goes for LaCosta Racing another nonprofit I am a team rider. Put my name in the description so it will be saved for my racing expenses to get to Rome in September. Thank you!!!

Current Sponsors:

Catto's Graphics Boardroom RacingLenz Arts, RipTide Sports, Insta360 Santa Cruz Skateboards, Bronson Speed Bearings, MobGrip, Sk8kings Skateboards, Sk8kings Turbo Wheels, Girlsnota4letterword, Laird SuperFoods, Old Bones Therapy, 187killerpadsOld Lady Gains cool woman owned former Masters CrossFitter Kim Munoz and badass. I love her messaging and posts on her social media.

Adding more sponsors so I can update my jersey for the World Championships of banked slalom and will update again for the World Skate Games if I get more paid sponsors.

Thank you everyone who has already sent money and helped me. If I missed anyone please hit me up.


Another view.


Here is a link to the 10 foot ramp and 9 foot ramp Texas had but it got eaten by termites.


Current media links:

KAZU article on our local NPR station





Thanks Seal for putting the article in the magazine. Thanks Neil Pearlberg off the Lip Radio for writing the story. Available to pick up at Lenz Arts and in Aptos next to Companion Bakery.

More media projects in the works. I am super honored and stoked for the interest in my story it helps me keep skating and going for it.









 

No comments: