Sunday, October 29, 2023

Santa Cruz woman, 64, to head to Rome for World Skate Games



Made the news last night on KNTV Bay Area NBC channel with Marianne Favro and her camera guy Jim who's from Santa Cruz. I am honored to get media attention this past year after not getting much my whole career. 
We were going to skate and if they had a some breaking news story to go to we knew they might not make it. 

We set up 50 cones 6 feet apart on a spot that is pretty flat and easy to get too. Thank you to walkers, joggers and bike riders for letting us use part of a lane. I usually drive to San Jose on Saturday mornings and meet up with a crew of skaters on a road that we've ridden on for over 17 years. We've seen some really crazy driving and 90 plus miles on a little remote road.

Last weekend we set up cones in this exact spot to run the Cyber Slalom 25 cones that was a world wide event. 21 spots around the world and we were one in Santa Cruz. We ran 4 runs both directions and posted a combined time. I was third overall in the women's division.

Thank you Josh Harvey and John Nakama for coming over and helping me set up and mark 25 more cones so now we have a 50 cone training spot.

I am currently ranked second in the women's world slalom skateboarding 2023 season. ISSA International Slalom Skateboarding Association. I'm third overall 4 year overall Women's Ranking and second in the Women's Masters. It's a points system. It doesn't mean I'm the second or third fastest in the world but according to the averages of my racing and points. At the USA slalom races and from the World Skate Games I am the second fastest woman in the USA consistently getting second or third to Lynn Kramer the 17x World Champion. I'm happy with that just stoked to be racing and having fun.


21 spots around the world and we were one in Santa Cruz. 








 

No comments: