Thursday, August 3, 2023

Slalomy Day in Salem Oregon viral video wow!



Photo's by Judi Oyama


I wasn't planning on going to this race, but I'm glad I did. I can't believe how many people have viewed the race posted on my Instagram account and all the interest in learning how to slalom skateboard race and what the equipment is. I'm going to post more how to and gear soon on this blog or youtube channel. 

I like to post results and some of the racing when I can. I know what it's like when you don't make a race and you want to see who is ahead and what the course looks like. USA Slalom Skateboarding was posting a live feed on Facebook

The first race was a dual hybrid which is a wider course with offsets and is not as technical as the tight which is usually harder because the cones are closer together. It was 75 cones long which is a good length for a race. Most of the time the road we are on is not long enough to have a cones and then room for footbraking or stopping. I wanted to get some racing in on this hill because the World Skate Championships are going to be held here in September 29, 30 and October 1st.



Commentary by Henry Hester a slalom champion from the 70's.

Judi Oyama 63 slalom skateboard racing Lari 28 Slalomy Day 7 29 2023

@judioyama IG


Video by Dave Baker.



Hybrid Results Men and Women's


Women's Final Hybrid Results

I won both races. Lari is an up and comer and will be passing me up soon.

Giant Slalom All Results
Best out of 3 Runs my last run was my slowest. 
I tried different wheels and had a head wind.
The sign says Hybrid but it's the GS.



No comments: