Saturday, August 7, 2021

Slalom skateboarding race in Los Osos racing against the clock

Last weekend I drove to Los Osos to skate at Jonny Miller's slalom skateboard race. I had not raced cones since October 2020 cyber slalom weekend with anyone because of Covid-19. I ran cones on Saturday the day before in front of my house. My last run was fast and clean and I was happy to go out and get some exercise.



6 footers


Practice run Powerlines


Jack Smith, Stephen King, me, Wentzle Ruml, Cliff Coleman and Jamie Hart.



I placed first place after Cliff Coleman told me that he had beaten me by .2 of a second. I went back up the hill and got my fastest run of the day even with the stronger headwinds. They were closing the course at noon so I had to get a last run in. Super fun and stoked to have won the Grand Masters against men I have been skating against and with since the 70's. Jamie Hart Cliff and I skated for Santa Cruz Skateboards back in the day. 





Fun photo from Shreddie Mercury check out his website.
Thank you to everyone for being super kind and awesome. Thank you to Brad Jackman for loaning me Sk8kings Turbo wheels since I didn't have any of the bigger faster wheels. Thank you Jonny for reminding me to do a few things to get more speed. I was rusty but did well. Here's to pushing yourself and not letting your head get in your way of what your body can do.




No comments: