Friday, November 6, 2015

BASM Transparency inspiration from last nights Humble Sea Beer Talk

Last night listening to Frank Krueger at Nextspace talk about branding and his new company Humble Sea Brewery. It was great to hear I am on a similar path. He talked about transparency and being honest about building a brand. I realized that being transparent about what I do maybe the best advise. He talked about hand silkscreening and making their own printed packaging and marketing materials. The Beer was really good and that's from someone who usually doesn't drink beer. I'm more of a red wine drinker but I wanted to try it.

I hand sew on each Badass Skatemom label. I print locally in small batches at Catto's Graphics. I buy some items from local Thrift Stores and sale rack stuff and wash or resew and create one off items for Katherine Folsom my one team rider. I made some items for Jamie Goldman's daughters and I'm sending a onesie to Pizzanista Co-Owner Salman Agah who announced they are expecting. I had a silkscreen made so I can print some custom Not Peggy shirts (the blue ink is glow in the dark) for myself an inside joke because so many people have called me Peggy Oki which is a total compliment but I'd love to have my own identity as an Asian American Skateboarder. Their are two of us maybe a few more now skateboarding.

I will be setting up at the Santana Row Santa Cruz Maker Market SC event November 28th. Printing up some new items. Their will be some limited items as I want to test the waters on some of my designs.

Saturday, November 28, 2015 11:00am 5:00pm Santana Row Map 377 Santana Row San Jose, CA, 95128 United States

No comments: