Sunday, September 7, 2014

Slalom Skateboard World Rankings September 2014



Well, I should be happy with second place masters women world title. It is a accumulative points slalom skateboard ranking. I didn't go to Prague to race at Worlds so my numbers went down. Still racing slalom as the elder mom skateboarder on the circuit.  I've been skating for over 40 years and love the thrill and the speed. This sport will never be in Outside Magazine and rarely in Skateboarding magazines. It's one of the fringe sports. It is challenging and fun but it's not respected like bowl riding, downhill or pools. I have done all disciplines and picked this one because you can't challenge a clock like you can a style. Thank you to Concrete Wave, The Skateboard Journal and other magazines that actually give us a little credit. Back in the Day Skateboarder, Thrasher and many others kept tabs on the sport. It is big in Europe not so in the USA. Hoping the World Championships will be held in the USA on the West Coast would be epic. Keep ripping my friends.
ISSA. 
Big congrats to Joe McClaren of Colorado for his 5x sweep of the Pro Division and Lynn Kramer for 11x Women's World Champion and my Sk8kings Team Mate. She is fast and strong. 




No comments: