Thursday, January 23, 2014

2014 Winter Fancy Food Show Monday stroll

Can't remember how many years I have been going to the Fancy Food Show in SF. My first big food packaging and branding project was Beckmann's Bakery. I interviewed for work with Newman's Own but didn't get the work because I had no food projects in my portfolio. Richard Novak recommended me to Peter Beckmann and I had to compete against 50 other artists until the final round of 3 and then 2 designers and then me. I love seeing the trucks and buy the bread and pastries at the Cabrillo Farmers Market in Aptos.

This show was busier than last year. Aisle were crowded. Lots of chocolate, flavored popcorn, sauces, jam, names with Family, mom, sister, brothers popular. Not as much beer as seen in years past maybe I missed that section. Walked the show with Gail owner of the Saucy Wench BBQ sauce from Aptos and graphic designer and model Katie Steidl.

Some favorites.

Brad's Raw Foods

Sencha Naturals Poco Dolce Chocolates

Found a local Aptos company La Selva Beach Spice Company

Horny Corn I liked the packaging and logo. Eye catching and the popcorn is actually very good.

The Winter Fancy Food Show is the West Coast's largest specialty food and beverage event. Exhibit with over 1,300 exhibitors and put your products in front of over 18,000+ quality buyers.

January 19 - January 21, 2014.

Discover 80,000 on-trend and best-in-class products including confections, cheese, coffee, snacks, spices, ethnic, natural, organic and more. 1,300 exhibitors representing the latest in specialty foods and beverages from across the U.S. and 35 countries and regions.

No comments: