Sunday, June 17, 2012

Experience California Dreaming Stories with Porchlight

Skateboarding has been a large part of my life and something I have enjoyed for decades. Back when skateboarding wasn't cool. I wore Nike's before they were skate shoes. Competed against the men and still do in the masters slalom events. Now my skate stuff gets displayed in museum shows. Life is funny. Working on another skate project. The third Board Rescue art show fall 2012 at the Santa Cruz Boardroom.

Experience California Dreaming Stories with Porchlight

Thursday, June 21, 2012, 7–8:30pm. Riffing off themes in the Contemporary Jewish Museum’s exhibition California Dreaming and The Mamas & the Papas song by the same name, Porchlight, San Francisco's premier storytelling series, returns to the CJM for an evening of unscripted storytelling. Porchlight Hosts Arline Klatte and Beth Lisick have invited five people from different backgrounds who will share ten-minute true stories about their own California dream. Storytellers include All Things Considered commentator Dayvid Figler, comedian Michael Capozzola, Burning Man co-founder John Law, co-director of SF Sketchfest Janet Varney, and iconic skateboarder Judi Oyama. Space is limited and advance tickets are recommended. Tickets are $10 Members; $15 General. Purchase online or by phone at 415.655.7800. CJM is located at 736 Mission Street, San Francisco, Calif.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Judi: I heard you speak at Porchlight last night - I love your story. I would like to actually talk to you- I am writing a novel that has skateboarding as a theme. you can find me here: joan@joangelfand.com