Friday, October 24, 2008

Another Birthday with great friends


I had a great birthday. It started off with a drive by with two motorcycle Highway Patrols in front of my house. I want to think they read my letter with the photo of our blood splattered “Slow Down Children at Play” sign and my concern for the kids playing in the road and the drivers that constantly drive up the wrong side of the road in front of our house. A message from the US Postal office was another great gift after months of talking and two letters. They came out and marked a new spot to move the problem boxes (finally!) All the neighbors on our street are stoked. Skateboarding at lunch at the Scotts Valley Skatepark was a blast. The four home made pumpkin pies with whip cream at work made by Lisa who has three kids and Neal and still fit it into her busy schedule was tasty and thoughtful. Thank you to all my friends for the phone calls, e-mails and posts. Mike Goldman for the Happy Birthday to you song on my voice mail was priceless and a great way to end the day. Colette we’ve been friends for 45 years, Stacy my first skateboard and horse riding friend for 38 years and Ravitch 6. It goes by fast. I’ve learned to keep moving forward and avoid negnoids. Life’s to short for drama.

If you vote and live in Capitola vote for Mike Termini and Dennis Norton for Capitola City Council. They believe in the future of Capitola. Both want a skateboard park and to bring back the Capitola Classic event. Both are backed by the Sierra Club and want to plan for the future of Tola. Unlike the current major who is a skater hater, Tiki hater and pro development.

No comments: