Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Gorge Games Slalom Race Highlight


One of the best highlights of the weekend was having a blast from the past stop me as I walked up the hill from my final run of the weekend. Lisa on the left in this photo which is from our first slalom race in Capitola in 1975 when we were 14 and 15 years old. We had not seen each other in over 30 years. We had lots to talk about and had a great visit. Never even heard what the final run was. After Lynn shot that cone in front of me at the finish and having the camera guy on my right I didn't go for the last few cones since it didn't really matter at that point and I had kids and a job to return to. I can't believe I'm still out running cones and getting second place to the 5x World Champ who is almost 10 years younger and has no kids. I enjoy representing the mom's and want to see more girls and women on the hill. Not on the sidelines.

No comments: