Monday, November 22, 2010

How to help yourself if you have Adobe CS5 problems

Let me help some of you fellow designers save many hours of grief with CS5. No they will not tell you that they have issues. They do not have any customer support in the USA. Though I have felt like driving over to Adobe Head Quarters and sitting in front of their front doors with my Apple Computer and asking for help. I spent 4.5 hours on the phone today with two different tech support people that were on my computer remotely. Yes they will blame Apple. They will remind you from a written script that everything will be alright their is nothing to worry about. Well there are new updater's.

Here is how you install them. It only took me 3 weeks and 5 case numbers to finally have someone show me how to do it. Open up one of your programs. Go to help on the middle of your tool bar. Select the updater button. It will check for all CS5 updates. Close your program and then update all the programs you need too. There were many work arounds but this was the easiest and most efficient way to do it. Saving you the headache and grief. And the color sync error we didn't even get to that part yet.

They are phasing out Twain drivers so if you have scanners that need them you are SOOL.


No comments: