Friday, April 23, 2010

Broken Skull, Broken Heart


This is a truly moving story about Dorian Hargrove skateboarding without a helmet and having a bad head injury. It bothers me to know end that skaters think it is uncool to wear a helmet. I hope this article inspires a few to think twice before jamming down that hill, jumping that flight of stairs or dropping into that pool without a helmet. I've seen so many injuries in my day. I can't believe that the magazines, large companies that promote contests do not push for safety gear. If it gets in the way of a photo op so what.


Published Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I worked at Giro Sport Design for years and saw many photos and thank you notes from people that were saved by their helmets. Please wear one. And for all those parents that ride with their kids and don't wear one. Who's going to take care of your children if you get hurt?

No comments: